Motion tracking + zoom on the point

Galex599
Galex599 Posts: 23

As a title, I wanted to know if it was possible to plant a zoom scaling on the point to follow.

My Object (Point) is linked to an object (Text) that will follow the point and I wanted there to be also a zoom on the subject traced along with the text.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Film_Empire
    Film_Empire Posts: 179 Just Starting Out*

@Galex599

I have a hard time trying to understand what you are wanting to do. So you have a point layer that moves, you have text parented to that point (aka moving with that point) and you want the text to zoom in/out?

• Galex599

@film_empire

Hm.. no, I want to follow the tracked subject, but with a zoom on him

• Galex599
    edited July 2018

This is my actual Composite Shot
    I wanted to insert a zoom that follows the Point

• Film_Empire
    edited July 2018

So the point moves around and you want to zoom the clip in?

Wait, I get what you're trying to do. Let me write a response for you.

• Film_Empire

@Galex599

I think I found a way that sort of works. You want to go to the point layer and copy the keyframes at the "Position" section and paste them at the "Anchor Point" section of your footage. Now you can zzom in and it follows the subject. You need to play around with it a bit to get the best result.

Hope that helps, Jamie

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,315 Ambassador

Someone else asked a similar question just a day or two ago, and I pointed them to this video I made last year. Maybe this will help?

• Galex599

@jsbarrett

Damn, I don't understand this video, I understand English just a bit while talk and without subtitles I find it difficult.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,315 Ambassador
    edited July 2018

@Galex599 Sorry that you're not able to understand it. If you click the "CC" button in the on-screen controls, you can use the English subtitles I added. You could also look in the Subtitles/CC part of the video's settings, and try "Auto Translate," then pick your language.

What language do you speak? Perhaps another HitFilm user can help with a translation, or add subtitles to my video for your language.

EDIT: In case anyone wants to contribute subtitles for other languages, here's the link to do so for this video:

This discussion has been closed.