HitFilm Boost Pack for Vegas Media Studio 15 Suite

Hi,

Can you please tell me what FX is included in the HitFilm Boost Pack that comes with Vegas Media Studio 15 Suite?

When I choose FX in Vegas it shows me 13 Ignite FX from HitFilm, is that the Boost Pack?

Is it still worth downloading and installing HitFilm Express, i.e. does that provide extra FX on top of the Boost Pack?

Thanks,

Markus

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,273 Ambassador

Hitfilm Express is a stand alone program and will not add effects into Vegas. I don't know what's in the Boost Pack (Moderators do not work for FXHOME - we're user volunteers), so perhaps a Staff member will answer that. 

What you should try is Ignite Express, available from the store on this website. That's free and has about 90 filters that run in Vegas. 

• MarkusMartiusMarkusMartius Website User Posts: 3

Ok, thanks for that.

If Ignite Express has 90 odd and is free, it makes me wonder why I'm only seeing 13, unless it's a Vegas default and the Boost Pack is not installed?

I'll add the Ignite Express as you mentioned and hopefully a Staff member will confirm the purpose of the Boost Pack :).

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,273 Ambassador

The boost pack might not be installed. Vegas has shipped with a small selection of Hitfilm Plug-ins since Vegas 13.

The boost pack appears to be a separate product, and, on this page, if you scroll down the little video file will show you the effects in the plug in. Some of those are newer effects, which is what makes me think the Boost Pack isn't installed. 

The "purpose" of the pack is to provide a subset of available product in a special bundle hoping you'll love them so much you bypass the free Ignite Express (about 90 filters) and buy Ignite Pro (about 200 filters). ;) Also to provide some effects Vegas doesn't have. Some of the stuff in the Boost Pack is pretty powerful! Not a bad bundle. 

@CedricBonnier your turn for the tag. 

• MarkusMartiusMarkusMartius Website User Posts: 3

Thanks Triem23.

Should there be a link when you say "on this page"?