Serial Code Issues...

iEatsPixels_Editor
iEatsPixels_Editor Website User Posts: 1

So today I upgraded from Hitfilm 4 Express to Hitfilm Express. When I wanted to export my video it said I needed to go and get a serial code. I went to my account and found the serial code for "Hitfilm Express 2017" and I thought this would be the solution. I copied and pasted and it said that the code only works for Hitfilm Express 2017. I tried the Hitfilm 4 code and it still didn't work. Those are my only two codes, and I can't export my video because I deleted Hitfilm 4 in hopes of a better upgrade! Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• iEatsPixels_Editor
    iEatsPixels_Editor Website User Posts: 1

So today I upgraded from Hitfilm 4 Express to Hitfilm Express. When I wanted to export my video it said I needed to go and get a serial code. I went to my account and found the serial code for "Hitfilm Express 2017" and I thought this would be the solution. I copied and pasted and it said that the code only works for Hitfilm Express 2017. I tried the Hitfilm 4 code and it still didn't work. Those are my only two codes, and I can't export my video because I deleted Hitfilm 4 in hopes of a better upgrade! Is there anything I can do to fix this?

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out

"HitFilm Express" (no version number or year in the name) is the newest version, and a separate product to the others you've mentioned. Please go to this page, and sign in with your email address and password, this will get you a license/serial code and you can then activate.

To clarify, here's the evolution of Express:

- HitFilm 3 Express (2015)

- HitFilm 4 Express (2016)

- HitFilm Express 2017

- HitFilm Express (2018+)

With "HitFilm Express" we dropped the version number/year from the name, as it will be updated a lot more often than just yearly from now on.