Copy & Paste Behaviour

Majahr
Majahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 559 Enthusiast
Hi.
I know, I could select a property, e.g. position, and copy & paste it to another layer. As soon as there are already some keyframes placed (for the position), these keyframes will be pasted, too! Is there any way to only paste the current property values, thuch as position x/y? If not, it would be cool to have this feature, e.g. CTRL+V to paste everything and CTRL+ALT+V to paste only the property w/o any keyframes.
Regards,
Marc

Comments

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Well, that would mean that you only want to paste one keyframe, and the software would have to guess which one - but you can copy and paste individual keyframes, that should give you the effect you want if I understand you right.
  • Majahr
    Majahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 559 Enthusiast
    Nope, I don't want to copy the keyframes, I want to copy the current displayed property values itself.
    Why?
    Let's create a layer and position it in the space...Now, I want to create another layer (not parented with the first one) and place it on the same position as the first one. As well as there where no keyframes available at the first plane, I could copy & paste the position values from layer 1 to layer 2. That's exactly, what I want. But, as soon as there were any position-keyframes at layer 1, these keyframes are copied, too - and that's not what I want, everytime. I still want the possibility to copy only the position values...
    Hope, you'll undestand, what I mean.
    Regards,
    Marc
  • Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Ah, I see... Well, what could work is to just create a keyframe at the location of the value you want to copy, and then copy that keyframe onto the other layer... But you're right, copying just the value would be nice for this.