Editor Playback cutting off 2 to 3 seconds at the start

sgelamsgelam Website User Posts: 5

The editor seems to be missing the first 2 or 3 seconds of every clip that I've trimmed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the trimmer to trim a clip down to the desired start and end areas.

2. Drag the trimmed clip into the editor.

3. Play back the trimmed clip that's in the edtior.

Expected result:

The clip should start right where I trimmed it.

Actual result:

The clip starts 2 to 3 seconds after where I trimmed it.

I need the cut to be right where I trimmed it, but it seems to always start after it, missing some crucial introduction.

Has anyone ran into this?

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

I haven't heard of this problem before. What specific version of HitFilm are you using?

It might also help to know more about the media you're using. If you don't already have MediaInfo installed, get it now. Once installed, drop one of your problem media files into it.  Change to the Text report mode, then copy the report and paste it here. The media magicians can take a look and perhaps find something that will point to the problem.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast
    edited June 2018

Might be variable framerate footage, where if Hifilm is counting frames based on it being CFR, it could conceivably get the maths wrong on where to make the cut. If it is that: convert to CFR using Handbrake, unless it's 59.94fps or 24fps, because it gets those wrong, in which case: try ShotCut, or one of a number of other converters.

• sgelamsgelam Website User Posts: 5

Hi, guys, thanks for the replies. I'm using Hitfilm Express 8.1.7729.45222. What's weird is that I started to drag and drop my imported files into the editor while holding the SHIFT key and that problem went away. The files were originally MTS files. I know using the SHIFT key isn't necessary and it's only for the cases of insert edits. If I run into this again, I'll make sure to post the exact type of files I'm using and the actions that caused it to happen.

• sgelamsgelam Website User Posts: 5

@jsbarrett, thanks for letting me know about MediaInfo. I just installed it.

This discussion has been closed.