[RESOLVED] User interface problem with dual monitors

ScottyBrosScottyBros Website User Posts: 20 Just Starting Out
edited June 2018 in HitFilm

We are using dual monitors with Win10.  The main interface is on screen 2 and the viewer is on screen 1. The problem is that when you select and drag any number to increase or decrease its value, that value decreases into the negative VERY rapidly and the cursor moves instantly downward offscreen. This problem only happens to values on monitor #2. 

Is there a setting or preference we need to adjust?

Comments

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

@ScottyBros This should work as expected. Could you provide more details as to what property you are using with a screenshot of your entire desktop please? I have tried it here quickly and it seems to work properly but maybe I misunderstood what you said.

• ScottyBrosScottyBros Website User Posts: 20 Just Starting Out

Sorry Cedric, it is hard to explain... 

Any numerical value can be dragged left or right to either increase or decrease its value. The farther you drag in either direction controls the speed of these changes. 

...My problem is that as soon as a value begins to change, the cursor position changes to the task bar and the value is maxed negative. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to video-capture from screen 2 and a screenshot wouldn't show anything.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,280 Ambassador

Shoot monitor 2 with your phone? Although I understand what you described, I think, that would still give a visual reference. :) 

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

@ScottyBros OK, I just wanted to make sure what control you were using. I asked for a screenshot to see the actual setup with panel disposition, not really to see the issue in action.

When you release the mouse and the cursor is being displayed again, is it in the same place you clicked?

Also, what is your monitor setup? Resolution and scaling factor of each, monitor order and placement on desk (left / right, top / bottom etc). You can see this in the "Display" category of the Windows settings.

edited June 2018

Monitor #1 (viewer)   Resolution: 3840x2160  Scale: 200%

Monitor#2  (everything except viewer) Resolution: 1920x1080  Scale:100%

As you can see in the video, when the numerical value is selected, it doesn't dive until there is movement from the mouse. A left or right movement from the mouse produces the same results.  (always into the negative)

Also, this problem presents itself on any numerical value. Not just the position value seen here.

problem

@ScottyBros Ah, I think I see what is happening there. Try setting your 4K monitor to 100% or 125%. I know everything will be tiny but at least you can confirm that this is the issue (multiple monitors with different aspect ratios). This is technically still not supported in HitFilm since we hit some issues in a third party library that we couldn't work around at the time.

Sorry for the inconvenience

It worked! Thanks, for the advice and it's not that big of a hassle to switch the scale while using Hitfilm. 

This discussion has been closed.