Director Player Error

FXhomer30265FXhomer30265 Website User Posts: 3

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not yet upgraded to Hitfilm,  I'm still only using Visionlab.

although I've received the Director Player Error over the years, I was usually able to fix it with changing codec settings on my PC,   I am currently unable to fix it,  have had it for well over a week, I was at the point where I thought something was wrong with Windows, so I removed and reinstalled everything, and I still have the problem.

does anyone here have experience with this issue.

I would be most grateful for thoughts, suggestions, advice!

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

With the age of Visionlab I'm going to guess very few users here would have the software, much less know that particular error.

We'll see if anyone has advice, but my suggestion is to contact support directly. 

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

You should give support information on your system specs, CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage and the current version of your GPU drivers. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Good luck! 

• DannyDevDannyDev Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 338 Staff

Visionlab was developed in Macromedia/Adobe Director and probably won't run on recent versions of Windows. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

• FXhomer30265FXhomer30265 Website User Posts: 3

I have yes, and for years it's pretty much worked fine, then all of a sudden the error comes up out of the blue, but I'm also using Windows 7, I have not upgraded to Windows 10 either