[ANSWERED] Dimensions Frame Rate Error

rhodan52
rhodan52 Posts: 2
edited May 2018 in HitFilm

I have recorded video at 3840x2160 at 60FPS, but when I go to export my project I receive an error message.

As you can see from the following pictures, I receive an error message reading: "The dimensions and frame rate (3840x2160 @ 60 fps) are too high for the specified level"

https://imgur.com/a/vnCVqOf

My export preset is the default YouTube 2160 UHD.  I recorded the initial video using OBS and doing so with using the  setting

How can I correct this to allow Hitfilm to render my project based on the video I have recorded?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,069 Ambassador

Actually you can't. At the moment 4k rendering maxes out at 30fps with mp4 (4k 60fps is level 5.2, Hitfilm only goes to 5.1).

Render out as Cineform (PC) or Quicktime (Mac) then bounce that render through any of a number of free transcoders (Handbrake is a good choice) to get the mp4. 

• rhodan52
    rhodan52 Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Is 5.2 available in Hitfilm Pro?  Or is this just something I'll have to wait on? 

Thank you for your response!

If I'm understanding you correctly, if I want 4k 60FPS, I would need to render the video under Cineform (I have a PC), and then convert that file to an MP4 using something like Handbrake.

EDIT: Discovered through another forum post that 5.2 isn't available in Hittfilm Pro either.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,069 Ambassador

Something you have to wait on (Not in Pro). This was discussed on a live Q&A. Long story short, mp4 is a licensed format, and the license fees for level 5.2 are really exorbitant. 

So, yes, you'd render Cineform and compress with Handbrake. Sorry for the extra steps, but at least Handbrake is really fast at its job. 

This discussion has been closed.