Looking for a tutorial on creating human energetic field

AllanFinney
AllanFinney Website User Posts: 7

Hi - this may seem a bit odd but this community seems like they could handle it hahaha - I'm doing an (unpaid) job for ayahuascacanada.com - and we're trying to show a person as an energetic field. Think of quantum physics, human energy, electrical fields? auras? that are found in the human body. Maybe swirling seething electrical fields contained in a green screened head and shoulders shot?? Ideally we could have different colors of varying energetic fields ranging from dark to white or golden or all the colors of the rainbow - Or what have you....... The idea would be to be able to take the "dark" energy and show it being transformed to lighter stuff.

The nearest thing I've found that would even be remotely like I'm envisioning is the "double exposure tutorial" by Hitfilm wizard Axel Wilkinson - where he's putting trees and a cement plant - I kid you not - inside a person's head.

I downloaded the project files and followed through the tutorial and recreated it but it's a tad over my head at this point. And I'm still no wiser as to how to accomplish something like this. Lol. Anyway the project is in the early stages and we're trying to see what the art of the possible is.

If anyone could point me to a tutorial or give me some ideas of how a relatively newbie to Hitfilm could accomplish something like this I would be most grateful.

Comments

• GodofThunder
    GodofThunder Website User Posts: 190 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2018

This is for after effects, but most tutorials can be adapted for hitfilm. 

Let us know what version you have, and I’m sure the more tech savvy people here can help you

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,791 Ambassador
    edited May 2018

Red's Effects already adapted this particular look for Hitfilm.

• GodofThunder
    GodofThunder Website User Posts: 190 Just Starting Out

I thought I’d seen a hitfilm version somewhere, but couldn’t find it quick enough today so gave up lol

i think there is also a hitfilm tutorial based on the video copilot version as well, couldn’t find that one either.

• AllanFinney
    AllanFinney Website User Posts: 7

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm going to check those out - right now I'm using the free version of Hitfilm 4 Express but I would upgrade if necessary. Thanks for the suggestions