WHY IS IT SO SLOW

Yeah, that's basically my whole question. Hitfilm Express 4. Offline, basic mode. It took like 30 minutes just to be able to move the mouse across the program three times to upload just 2 videos. I haven't even edited anything yet. At this rate, I will be able to complete approximately 1 five-minute edited video in 2.7 BILLION YEARS. Any ideas?

Comments

• chriguf
    chriguf Website User Posts: 287 Just Starting Out

Pease, dont wait 1.5billons years to tell us your pc-specs and the videofileformat (which codec,  container, which Camera you use .....)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,991 Ambassador

You haven't given any useful information at all. 

What are your system specs? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage?

Are your GPU drivers current? 

Where did you get Hitfilm 4 Express from? That version is long out of development and support and activation codes are no longer issued. If you just installed it, you'll never be able to activate it to render video anyway. The current version is Hitfilm Express v8

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,979 Ambassador

Yes an old version like that if got from some download site, will most likely have an embedded naughty that might even be the reason for your PC performance issues. Best to get your Hitfilm software from source, (www.hitfilm.com)