How to "freeze" 3D effect?

TylerDarden
TylerDarden Website User Posts: 75 Enthusiast
Is it possible in HitFilm to "freeze" 3D-effect, like "explosion" or "debris", as "frozen" "muzzle flash"?

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    edited July 2011
    Not using the pre-built effects, but if you start from scratch with a particle emitter and set up the effect, then in some cases yes, it is possible. You can use the Lifetime panel to control the speed of the particles at any given time, so you can set it up so that at some point partway through their lifetime, their speed drops to 0, bringing them to a halt. We are also looking into adding an additional feature that would make this even simpler to accomplish, but it is possible with a bit of setup.
  • TylerDarden
    Please could you specify exactly which settings to change in order to achieve this effect?
  • Grisby
    Grisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out
    @ Tyler: the Starfield-Tut by Majahr could help you - but actually it's only in German...
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    edited August 2011
    Grisby - I think Tyler's question has more to do with abruptly stopping an effect half-way through, rather than just creating a stationary effect, so its a bit different than the starfield. Though some of the info might still be useful, I guess.
    Tyler, sorry for the delay, I will try to get some more detailed info to you early this week.
  • TylerDarden
    Axel, thanks, I'll wait.