Avengers vs Magneto

DafterThings
DafterThings Website User Posts: 922 Enthusiast

Latest, and probably last, Avengers parody for a while.

From idea to posting was 7 days. I did rush it through a little (and it shows) as I thought I was up against time for a contest. I always seem to promise myself that the NEXT one is where I go for quality.

Comments

• maui9
    maui9 Website User Posts: 84

Nice I like it all especially the wolverine walking away part. The ending I didn’t get but I have to rewatch it again. Are you doing toys on a green screen?

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,192 Ambassador

Love it!  It does feel a little rushed in terms of animation, but the story feels good to me.

• DafterThings
    edited May 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

Yep these are very small toys (3.5cm). I'm still struggling with the quality of the keying though. I still think it is the lighting. I'd like to say I use the figure just to help present the idea but... 

I might increase FPS from 12 to 15 in future but it's a balance between time and patience. 

• FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Website User Posts: 433 Enthusiast
    edited May 2018

@DafterThings Loved it, poor spidey never getting the respect he thinks he should. :)

Not sure your background on the animation side of things but there is a free course on animation coming up on Futurlearn. The courses are typically short and at your own pace but a lot of times they pack quite a bit of useful info, some you may know some you may not. Here is a link. https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/explore-animation

• DafterThings

Thanks for the feedback. 

I'll have a look at that education as the content looks useful although, perhaps, a little basic?

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,516 Moderator

@DafterThings FWIW I took that course and it was very interesting and fun.  It's the only time I have ever had a play with stop motion which you will ace that exercise hands down if you sign up for the course.

• FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Website User Posts: 433 Enthusiast
    edited May 2018

@DafterThings yeah it is kind of an introductory course but it does explain some tips and tricks along with other stop motion animators they interview and explain their techniques. Hitfilm also did a course a while back as well covering green screen and tracking, was a pretty awesome course. Would love to see them bring in another like that with the most current version of Hitfilm.

This is just a short bit of the videos they offer to watch along the course.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Nmt64qWtY