Add-on question

DarrynGlassDarrynGlass Website User Posts: 49

I am seriously looking at several add-ons, specifically the repair pack to fix some grainy video.  I am thinking that downloading the demo of Pro would let me see if I can correct my footage before I spend the money on the add-on, or if I need to re-shot it.

It would seem this would work, but I wanted to check and get some opinions (as it kinda feels like cheating in a way)

Thanks!

Comments

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

That's not cheating- you can't export from the demo of Pro, so feel free to test out the effects on your footage.

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

Using the Pro demo to test some effects to see if they can get you want you are looking for is the way to go. The Pro demo cannot render/export at all so no cheating. Looking at 100% in the viewer at a final/full quality setting should let you evaluate noise reduction, or any effect, results.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,280 Ambassador

Nope, checking the Pro demo is recommended. You won't be able to use Mocha or Boris (licensing thing) or export anything, but you can certainly play around. 

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,180 Moderator

Just dropping in an additional benefit, you can still save your project and later, after you have decided that PRO may be the best option for you, you can reload it and render then.