Sequence from my new movie....

WedgeOz
WedgeOz Website User Posts: 218 Enthusiast

Whilst my next film is not "sci-fi" or "horror".............I do have a sci-fi scene in it! It'll be a daydream sequence  (along with many others such as horror, drama, musical & action). But this one I started on first, as it was the most complex....and of course, the most fun :)

It might look a little disjointed right now as I'll be inserting actors (in their ships) between a few shots. Good golly gosh I love this stuff :)

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,951 Ambassador

You've done more work on this since the Facebook teaser the other day. :-D

A few of the motion transitions would benefit from a little keyframe tweaking (linear/smooth to Manual Bezier), but that's being overly nitpicking about what's still a timing rough. :-D

• WedgeOz

Haha.........thanks for that. Just like George Lucas.......I love to tweak often, so stay tuned :). And actually yes, I'm spending a LOT of time on this sequence....probably more than the rest of the movie put together. I put my hand up to being a nerd :)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,951 Ambassador

Well, this particular sequence STILL reminds me more of Babylon 5 that Star Wars. :-P Largely the design of the Space Station model, and that one run down the center of the column. Still makes me think of s1 ep 13.

• WedgeOz

I'll definitely check that out :)

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,988 Ambassador

Cool!  Let's blow stuff up!

Reminds me of B5, too.  Really like the pilot POV at 0:55 with the ship flying through the smoke.  That looks tasty.

• WedgeOz

Thanks Stargazer! Actually yes..........I kinda like the POV too. It had nice transparent reflections through the canopy, and I added that little "shake" to compliment what was happening outside. It's the little things :)

And true.........nothing quite like blowing things up to make one feel good in a CGI world.....lol