3D Plugin for HitFilm Express?

404NotFound
404NotFound Website User Posts: 7
So I'd like to work with 3D objects in HitFilm but don't really like the $300 price tag of the ultimate version... I'm not a pro so that's a fair amount of money to put into a hobby. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a plugin for express that will allow me to do this.

Comments

• Nate066
    Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
    So I'd like to work with 3D objects in HitFilm but don't really like the $300 price tag of the ultimate version... I'm not a pro so that's a fair amount of money to put into a hobby. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a plugin for express that will allow me to do this.

Hitfilm does not support plugins by 3rd party developers. The only way to import a 3d model into hitfilm is to buy ultimate.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,791 Ambassador
    At the risk of sounding rude, you probably spent over $300 on whatever camera you're using. Hitfilm Ultimate is a bargain at $399, and at $299 is a FANTASTIC bargain. Suck it up and buy the upgrade! Above Express, Ultimate adds the 3D model import/animation/render, the full 3D particle simulator, a host of other effects and Mocha Hitfilm, which is the camera solve only part of mocha, but which allows you to matchmove a camera and add effects elements into a real-world environment. Mocha Pro itself is a $1500 program, so the camera solve module has to be worth at least $300 itself!
    I am a video editor with over 20 years experience, I've worked with AE, Lightwave, Premire, etc, etc, etc, and I've said publicly many times Hitfilm Ultimate right now is the single best piece of video software on the market once you compare feature sets to price.
    To compare--After Effects costs $800. To get the 3D model ability of Hitfilm you spend another $200 on Element 3D. To get the particle ability of Hitfilm, you spend another $200 on Trapcode Particular. $1200, total. Hitfilm lacks AE's Puppet Warp tools, Warp Stabilizer and Expressions, but, otherwise, Hitfilm does everything stock AE does (and more, since you don't need plug-ins for 3D) at half the price!
    Photoshop CS6  Extended has some video edting/compositing features and can handle 3D models. $1000.
    Now a free option is Blender: Blender is primarily a 3D modeller, but Blender does allow you to matchmove and animate 3D objects and do limited compositing--but Blender has a fiendish learning curve.
  • Nate066
    Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
    At the risk of sounding rude, you probably spent over $300 on whatever camera you're using. Hitfilm Ultimate is a bargain at $399, and at $299 is a FANTASTIC bargain. Suck it up and buy the upgrade! Above Express, Ultimate adds the 3D model import/animation/render, the full 3D particle simulator, a host of other effects and Mocha Hitfilm, which is the camera solve only part of mocha, but which allows you to matchmove a camera and add effects elements into a real-world environment. Mocha Pro itself is a $1500 program, so the camera solve module has to be worth at least $300 itself!
    I am a video editor with over 20 years experience, I've worked with AE, Lightwave, Premire, etc, etc, etc, and I've said publicly many times Hitfilm Ultimate right now is the single best piece of video software on the market once you compare feature sets to price.
    To compare--After Effects costs $800. To get the 3D model ability of Hitfilm you spend another $200 on Element 3D. To get the particle ability of Hitfilm, you spend another $200 on Trapcode Particular. $1200, total. Hitfilm lacks AE's Puppet Warp tools, Warp Stabilizer and Expressions, but, otherwise, Hitfilm does everything stock AE does (and more, since you don't need plug-ins for 3D) at half the price!
    Photoshop CS6  Extended has some video edting/compositing features and can handle 3D models. $1000.
    Now a free option is Blender: Blender is primarily a 3D modeller, but Blender does allow you to matchmove and animate 3D objects and do limited compositing--but Blender has a fiendish learning curve.

Blender a great starting place but i dont like its ui. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,791 Ambassador
    Blender a great starting place but i dont like its ui. 

Me either, but about 12 years ago I decided I was going to stop using pirated software, and I've never made the budget for 3D Studio Max.

• cgrtist
    cgrtist Website User Posts: 5
    Modo guy here! Just downloaded the free app and REALLY thinking of getting Ultimate! It really does beat having to pay for AE EVERY month with the possibility of Adobe raising the price little by little.
    By the way, Blender is getting MUCH better. Version 2.70 will have a big change to the interface. 
    BTW, Like you Triem23, I too stopped with the pirate scene.