Upgrading Avid MC, should I deactivate Ignite Pro 2017 and uninstall it?

NinaLu
NinaLu Website User Posts: 5

I'm upgrading my Avid Media Composer from 8.3.1 to 8.9.4. For that I need to deactivate it and uninstall and then install and activate.

I have Ignite Pro 2017 installed as well. Do I also need to deactivate that, uninstall and then reinstall and activate?

Also, if I have a license for Ignite Pro 2017 does it carry over to Ignite Pro? Looking around the site I saw that the '2017' is listed under Old Software.

Thanks!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,998 Ambassador

Deactivate and reactivate Ignite for safety. I'm not 100% certain about Avid carrying over the plug-ins, but, I know Vegas Pro needs to be installed before Hitfilm. 

The current Hitfilm Ignite is a newer version than Ignite 2017. As a "full version number" update (new effects, etc), it's a different product--but there should be an upgrade discount. 

• NinaLu
    NinaLu Website User Posts: 5

Thanks for the quick response!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,998 Ambassador

You're welcome! You just caught me around... 

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!