Voice over

LarryUpmanIIILarryUpmanIII Website User Posts: 1

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good program for generating vocals, in multiple languages or accents, such as German English, when you don't have voice actors available? I've tried some and they all sound very robotic. Any suggestion, free if possible, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• triforcefxtriforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,060 Moderator

The best speech services are Siri, Google, and Alexa. It may be possible to get those apps to say what you want, but if they still sound too robotic to you, then you're out of luck. For Siri at least (and probably Alexa and Google too), you have to go through a few hoops to get it to say what you want, then even more hoops to record it. Plus, idk about you, but every time I've come across a video that had heavy computer voice use, I clicked off pretty fast. Depending on the nature of your project, it might be possible to hire someone, or if it's a one off thing, find someone that would be willing to collab and do it through Criagslist, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

While I don't promote myself as a voice talent any more, I've done quite a bit of it.  Perhaps I can help, or at least point you to some affordable resources that are actually worth considering (i.e. avoid Fiverr like the plague).