Only regular fonts in Hitfilm Pro

mabianmabian Website User Posts: 47

Hello,

using latest HitFilm Pro 7.1 on Windows 10.

The font style drop down for text layers have no options other than "Regular", for all fonts, including stock ones like Arial ecc.

Other application "see" the variants, including BorisFX within HitFilm.

Is this known? Am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure that HitFilm Pro 2017 had bold and other variants.

Thanks,

Mario

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,948 Enthusiast

I see Italic, Bold and Bold Italic for fonts like Arial in text layers on Windows 10 1709 in Hitfilm Pro 7.1.7427.

Text layers in Hitfilm do only show the actual fonts installed. No faked/simulated fonts listed as available. Fonts like Arial have all four common faces installed. Others, maybe not.

Something like the text effect in Hitfilm Pro always shows all four variants regardless of what is actually installed. IMO that is wrong. But that is another matter...

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff

@mabian What language is your Windows installation using?

• JBaymoreJBaymore Website User Posts: 335 Enthusiast

Got a similar issue.  I have Japanese language installed on my machine with some "regular" Japanese fonts installed.  They don't show up in the font listing in HF Pro.  Thoughts?

Need it for a project.

best,

..............john

• mabianmabian Website User Posts: 47

Sorry for the delay, I am using Italian version of windows 10.

edited September 2018

Now I am on HitFilm 9.1, but I am still having the problem, only on the stock Windows 10 fonts (Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, etc...)
    I have tried a lot of things (resetting fonts, resetting font cache, deleting and reinstalling fonts...), but it simply seems that, just on a single system, some font variants are not "seen" by Hitfilm which insists in whosing only "regular" variant.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Mario

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff
    edited September 2018

@mabian That's been a bug in HitFilm since the very first version of HitFilm unfortunately. The good news is it was fixed earlier this month and should be in the next update :)

If not then please post here again to let us know

Well, @CedricBonnier, that's great news and I truly hope the next version solves it for real.

But, in the past this problem wasn't there, at least with HitFilm Pro 2017, and it's still not happening in other computers...

Would the bug you are mentioning cause this kind of randomness?

Thanks,

Mario

• JBaymoreJBaymore Website User Posts: 335 Enthusiast

CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff

edited 10:34AM Flag

@mabian That's been a bug in HitFilm since the very first version of HitFilm unfortunately. The good news is it was fixed earlier this month and should be in the next update :)

If not then please post here again to let us know"

Great news, Cedric.  Hope this will include "regular" Windows ASIAN fonts that show up in all my other Windows programs........ like MS Word.

best,

.......................john

Well, I tried a combo of removing fonts, resetting font cache, reinstalling fonts (from a Windows 10 default font set I downloaded from Internet), doing "sfc /scannow" for adjusting any possible file corruption.

Now it seems I have all the fonts and their bold/italic etc. variants recognized by Hitfilm.

I have a feeling I have been lucky and just found a sequence that makes the font recognized by Hitfilm, but I still think that something needs fixing in Hitfilm, as confirmed above.

The bug must be very subtle, because in some systems and configurations it shows up while in others there's no trace of it.

Whatever, at least now I have all my fonts usable in Hitfilm  for the time being :)

- Mario

This discussion has been closed.