Media panel information lacking

Michael515Michael515 Website User Posts: 2

Hi
My computer speccs:
CPU: Intel E8400
GPU: Nvidia 460 768mb
Memory: 6 GB RAM

The problem is that Hitfilm Express doesn't show information about my project that I need.

To see this issue you need to create a new project and add media to it. Later add the media to the timeline. Now try to see in the Media panel if you have added the media to the timeline or not. It is not possible to see in the Media panel if the media there is added to the timeline or not.

Comments

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

I see what you're saying, but why not create two folders: Used and Unused, and add your media accordingly?

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Why not have Hitfilm indicate which media was used with a little dot in the corner of the thumbnail? Why not have thumbnails in the format that you'll find in 99.999% of other editing programs, rather than taking up a lot of space with nothing useful displayed? It would first need to create thumbnails for Composite shots, as currently editing with them is like doing it wearing a blindfold.

• Michael515Michael515 Website User Posts: 2

The users of Hitfilm Express would have their worktime effectivised by an indicator if the media is on the timeline or not. I can use the folder option idea by inScapeDigital, which is less effective than my idea, till then.