Mask dimensions?

I wanna be able to resize my home videos to custom dimensions, only taking the parts I want. I've learned about basic masking, but that still leaves a void where the unwanted part of the frame used to be. I've also learned to adjust the Editor properties to yield a desired resolution.

What I still can't figure out is: How can I check a mask's exact dimensions? I checked under Transform, but there's no data there; just properties to be adjusted. My hope is that, if I know the mask's dimensions, I could adjust the Editor dimensions to be the exact size. (I haven't seen any alignment options so far, and the "Fit to width/height" option includes the unwanted void, so that's not helpful either.)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Palacono
    Palacono Posts: 3,423 Enthusiast

Not sure the answer would help you. It's like asking "Which thumb do I hit with the hammer?"

You can create a custom sized composite shot and drag what you like in there. No masking required. If it's too small or large you scale it. If in wrong position (you dragged a 16:9 into a 4:3) slide it over.

What are you currently doing, with what and why?

• Just some home videos. Some of them are recorded with a smartphone vertically, so I wanted to crop them.

Perhaps my post was confusing - then again, I'm new to video editing, so I'm still unfamiliar with a lot of the concepts. I'm good with knowing whether there's a way to view a specific mask's dimensions.