SandStorm Effect

I've recently seen this effect called SandStorm (VideoHive dot net).  Essentially, the product I am mentioning allows you to create the "sand storm" effect in Photoshop and then use After Effects to product a video with the effect.

Since HF is such a powerful VFX software, I would like to know if it is capable of recreating this effect and if it is possible, can someone point me in the direction to accomplish such an effect in HF. 

I am not looking to use "SandStorm" with HF.  I would like to reproduce the event and I am not sure where to start.  Again, if HF it capable of producing such an effect.

Thanks for all who read this message.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,293 Ambassador

Tough to tell without seeing the Photoshop action and Ae steps. 

I'm inclined to say yes, but can't see the specific steps used. It looks like most of the work is done in Photoshop and Ae is using some simple distortion or displacement filters to add some motion. 

For users here with Adobe and Hitfilm, here's a link to the Sandstorm pack. 

https://videohive.net/item/sandstorm-motion-kit/18437528

Maybe later I'll look at its tutorial video. 

• DonRolloDonRollo Website User Posts: 2

Thanks for your suggestions. The link you provide in your comment is exactly what I am looking to do.

I played around with a masks, 1 grade and placed displacements and distortions effects into the grade.  It approximates what I am looking to do.  I still need to work on speed and extending more of the selected mask area to get it to a point I am happy with.