How Can I Copy a Track For Use In a Different Project

skuddle
skuddle Posts: 45 Just Starting Out*

I just completed my 1st project and am happy with it. It contains 2 video and 2 audio tracks. The 2nd video track contains a title and it fades into the 1st track. Is there a way that I can copy that title track, change its name, and use it in a different project? (I would like to keep all my title tracks the same except for the text.)

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,219 Expert
    edited March 2018

@skuddle If I understand correctly what you want to do, I think you could save your project (for safety's sake :) ) under a different name like Title Track then delete everything you don' t want like the 1st track etc.  Then export just the 2nd track with title.  If you want to over lay it at some point export to sonething that preserves Alpha like png sequence or move or Cineform with alpha.  Then you'd just import this like any other clip when you want to use it.  Hope I got what you want right and this helps.

PS The saving the project is just to be sure you don't mess up and save over your current project after you delete stuff.

• skuddle
    skuddle Posts: 45 Just Starting Out*

Thank you for your help!

After reading your reply I opened the project containing my Title. Then I right-clicked on the Title asset shown in the Media tab and clicked Copy. Next, I closed the project without saving, and opened the next project. I then Pasted the Title asset into the Media tab and dragged it to the timeline. The title from the 1st project now displays in the 2nd project like it did in the 1st project, but the text did not reflect what is in the 2nd project.

I then clicked on the Text tab but that did not allow me to change the text what I want, and now my mind is a blank. How do I change the text?

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,219 Expert

@skuddle I'm not entirely sure here as I have never done the steps you detailed, but I think in addition to opening the text tab you have to click on the letter "A" for text beside the preview window to get to the changing text part.  Again, this is only a guess on my part.  But if you duplicated the text in the media bin when you say copy, then you might have to rename the duplicate so that the changes you make to the text doesn't change the original text object.

This discussion has been closed.