How to reverse keyframes ?! To reverse the process

WVHQUESTIONWVHQUESTION Website User Posts: 30
edited March 2018 in Post-production techniques

how to reverse  keyframes ?! To reverse the process

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,295 Ambassador
    edited March 2018

I don't understand the question. 

You could swap the two positions of existing keyframes. This literally reverses them. 

With position keyframes only, holding CTRL and clicking on a position value in the transformation properties inverts a value (from - 1500 to +1500,say).

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,300 Ambassador
    edited March 2018

@Triem23 How is it possible that I have been using HitFilm for going on five years and I did not know that? Wow!

• WVHQUESTIONWVHQUESTION Website User Posts: 30
    edited January 25

i do not know if what you typed is what i mean, better if  send a video or pic

-

time reverse keyframes in adobe after effects.

https://www.google.com/search?q=time+reverse+keyframes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEzNrdp4zaAhXGPRQKHXiDBFgQ_AUICygC&biw=911&bih=425#imgrc=kHhMMow2oUzwMM:

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,295 Ambassador

No Hitfilm doesn't have an automated time reverse keyframes tool. Which means you have to manually swap the two keyframes. This is not a big deal--this is literally dragging two exisiting keyframes to a new position.

• WVHQUESTIONWVHQUESTION Website User Posts: 30
    edited August 13

what it can do if i press alt, could you send a pic or video.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,300 Ambassador

@Triem23 I played around with this just now to discover on my computer you have to hit "Control" and the number to get it to flip. That is really cool! That will make life a lot easier.

@FilmSensei thanks for the correction. I meant CTRL, not ALT. 

Then again, I'm catching up on forum threads on my phone when I have a minute or two while my comp is RAM previewing or something. With the exception of a restroom break and a five minute sandwich I've been in re-record, re-edit and re-render hell for 11 hours and 46 minutes.

Basically upgrading my computer to Windows 10 broke a lot of things... Mercalli, all Vegas GPU acceleration, EpicTable, OBS... And Hitfilm render times literally doubled after the upgrade (according to my Benchmark project). Ironic, as the only reason I went to Windows 10 is Hitfilm no longer officially supports Win 7. **** annoying as it's dropped the last two projects I've had down to an equivalent pay of $2/hour. 

@Triem23 Ouch! Good luck. I know that we probably can't help you, but if you need anything, let us know!

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,190 Staff

@Triem23 have you upgraded your Windows installation? You may have tried this already but you may want to manually uninstall the graphics drivers and install the latest ones from nvidia (you've still got a 980m, right?). Even if the installer file is the same across all version of Windows, the installer may be doing different things depending on which version you are currently running.

• Juda1Juda1 Website User Posts: 300

@Triem23: Did you upgrade the existing version or did you do a new install? My older pc had the same issue after upgrading from Windows 7. Then I reinstalled with also a new partition (so the setup does not refer to any older windows version) and that issue was gone.

@CedricBonnier I have run ALL Windows (10 Professional) updates, and my Nvidia driver is 391.24, released 3/20/2018. Literally installing 391.95 released today as I type. Window Update, which I just had manually check for updates, informs me I am up to date. Win 10 Pro OS Build 16299.309.

This week's Powerball is over $400 million. If I win (which I won't but it's nice to dream), I'm sure my wifey wouldn't mind me diverting FXHOME a million dollars earmarked for Linux development. ;-)

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,186 Moderator
    edited March 2018

@Triem23 just saw your post.  I have had major problems  with my computer the past week and I suspected tge new driver of the 20th 391.25 but couldn't find a way to roll back.  Today they released an update and so far it's running like a champ again.  I really am convinced that 391.24 was a bad update...

@tddavis Coincidentally, I had, of course, just run the Nvidia update while writing my last post. I checked Window Update and it informed me I was current. I took a restroom break. I return and Windows update is flashing on my screen about a new update dated 3/27, which I've just installed. Heh. But, I've now been up for 17 hours, so it's bedtime for Bonzo at 9am. FML and my vampire hours. :-)