Marvel intro in Boris title studio?

Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 940 Enthusiast

Is it possible to do the Marvel intro in Boris title studio?

Comments

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 940 Enthusiast

Is it possible to have the ability to have changing textures in boris title studio 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,293 Ambassador

I don't think so. I've never successfully gotten Boris to load in a custom texture. 

The Marvel logo (since there are 12 of those, you mean the current, overblown movie version with movie clips on each surface) would have been done in a dedicated 3D program where one can break a letter into individual sides and map a material to each side. There is nothing in Hitfilm, or in Boris OR NewBlue Titlers with this level of material control. 

Pretty much every other Marvel logo is doable in Hitfilm. Just do the Netflix one, or something. 

• zach_alanzach_alan Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 439 Just Starting Out

Andersen01498  I am working on my first Hitfilm tutorial which is for a Marvel style intro. The final effect can be seen at the start of this video:

It's not perfect and it's not in Boris like you asked, but I thought it might help :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,293 Ambassador

@ZachAlan_Productions @Andersen01498 I note Zach did the Netflix intro I suggested above, not the current Movie intro.

Zach, that's mostly 3D Extrusion for the text, right? The tedious bit is setting up the page flip animation... 

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 940 Enthusiast

@Triem23 I was actually playing around with boris....There is a way to place the text "inside" the letters if that makes sense.  Anyway, now the challenge is can I keyframe the texture?  And How do I separate the letters?

• zach_alanzach_alan Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 439 Just Starting Out

@Triem23 yes just a page flip animation, set matte to a text layer, then with 3D extrusion.

YESS, This boris title studio marvel intro might be possible...I will keep you updated!!!

@Triem23 I've just tried Boris again and got the comic images to texture the text on all sides. The image from the extruded sides to the front faces doesn't match up, but it still looks good.

I'm almost done the tutorial for the old way. I guess I'll have make one for this new method as well :)