is FX effects lab LITE still able to "activation"? or getting "active key"?

WVHQUESTION
WVHQUESTION Posts: 30 Just Starting Out
edited March 2018 in General

Of curiosity drive I would like to ask?  is FX effects lab  LITE still able to activation? or getting active key?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,061 Ambassador

If you have an existing key, I would think you'd be able to retrieve that from your Account page on this site. At worst, you might have to contact support to retrieve that key. 

If you don't have an existing key I'd guess FXHOME is no longer issuing licenses for this product. 

• WVHQUESTION

done , i sent a message,..

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,018 Just Starting Out
    edited March 2018

As Triem noted, if you already purchased EffectsLab Lite (released 2006, last on sale around 2010 I think), you can still activate it, and the software install instructions will tell you how.

If you don't have a key for it already, we're not issuing new licenses. EffectsLab was great in it's day, but we're somewhat outside the support period, and there's no guarantee it would work with modern hardware/operating systems. HitFilm Express surpasses it in every respect (even price!).

While EffectsLab is still publicly available to download, this is for the convenience of existing customers.

• WVHQUESTION

done,it is not a matter of life or death,  no problem. 

thanks

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,018 Just Starting Out

No problem, We'll look at making it more obvious on that page that EffectsLab is older software.