Rogue one darth Vader parody

maui9maui9 Website User Posts: 84

So I have worked on this video for about 2 months. My computer is super old has no real gpu and 4 gigs of ram. So this was a pain doing but I still enjoyed it. It’s my last video with the cold computer since I just got a new one yayyyyyy. Tell me what you think

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

It's DarthBatVaderManGirl!   OMG!

Pretty fun.  Hope you had as much fun making it as it looks.  Only ding would be the shaky cam.

Good luck with the new system!

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

Well nice work, u had me watch to the end. For me you really captured the mood and suspense of the piece. So wanted the reveal in the bed to be Vader.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,239 Ambassador

As always, I just enjoy your skits. They're just fun, and more so, since you get the whole family involved. :-)

• maui9maui9 Website User Posts: 84

Thanks everyone one. We had a blast doing this one. I do wish I put a final scene where kai’s playing and Nicole walks in and turns on her saber. We also got a gimbal so that should help with the shaky cam for future videos.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,034 Ambassador

The ending felt a little odd, but it's definitely a fun piece overall!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,239 Ambassador

Maui, since this has come up in other threads recently, just a reminder that a gimbal isn't a magic fix-all. You'll still need to learn (and practice) the "ninja walk," and other good camera handling habits (you pan by pivoting at the waist, not by moving your arm at the shoulder) to really get silky smooth shots. 

• maui9maui9 Website User Posts: 84

@triem23 thank you, I’ve been practicing a ton with it and it’s definitely not as easy as people make you think it is. I’ve been watching a ton of videos on how to actually use it and really paying attention to anything I watch to try and recreate certain shots. Though of course failing has been my greatest teacher lol.