Crashing issues

HitFilmer128619HitFilmer128619 Website User Posts: 322

Just today, it crashed twice on me. I guess "crash" is the appropriate term. I went to ripple edit or something and it just...poof! went away. twice.

And when I'm working and editing stuff, mostly just experimenting, I keep getting spinning wheels all over the place (I'm using a Mac). Sometimes it just lags and runs slow. 

Is it my computer, the software, or what?

I keep all of my HitFilm stuff, except for the actual program, on an external HD. So out of the external HD I work and save all of my videos and whatnot. 

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,036 Ambassador

I had this happen to me a few times as well after installing the latest update. However, I'd ignored the installation instructions that say to completely uninstall the old Pro before installing the new one.  After a complete uninstall, reboot, and install of the new version, everything has been smooth.

• HitFilmer128619HitFilmer128619 Website User Posts: 322

I haven't installed any updates. I was asked the other day, but I selected "ask me in a week"...or something like that. 

Think I should just install the update and see if that helps?

HitFilm just quit on me again like three minutes ago, by the way. It happened right when I clicked ripple delete gap. Poof! VERY annoying. 

• HitFilmer128619HitFilmer128619 Website User Posts: 322

Also, how do I update this thing?

• GarethOwenGarethOwen Website User Posts: 192 Just Starting Out
    edited February 2018

For some reason with the new update after i install it i can't actual open Hitfilm anymore it says there is an error and "hitfilm has now exited" please send your email so we can fix the problem you have encountered ? Anyone else have this issue? ;/ or this issue box?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,036 Ambassador
    edited February 2018

@HitFilmer128619 You can update by following any of the social media links that the HitFilm crew has been posting since yesterday, or by going to your Account page on this site.  Scroll down to the Software category, and the most recent version will be at the top, with an Install link that takes you to a page with installation instructions and a download link.

@GarethOwen Did you do a clean install after fully uninstalling the program?  If not, that may be part of the problem.  If you did, then I recommend contacting support.

(Moderator edit--emphasis added.)

• OadeFredOadeFred Website User Posts: 1

@GarethOwen Same problem here. Must admit I'm not a pro user, but this seemed the best place to make a comment. When they say "please send your email so we can fix the problem you have encountered", I would assume they would contact me with a solution - this hasn't happened. I have only downloaded a trial version to test it out, but as this fails to work, with no explanation, there is no way I will be going any further. It seems to me that they don't care about potential customers.

• GarethOwenGarethOwen Website User Posts: 192 Just Starting Out

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works like a charm now. so far soo good!

@OadeFred Remember that this is the weekend.  The support page clearly points out that response times may be longer over the weekend because nobody is in the office.

That aside, users here may be able to help in a limited capacity if you list your system specs (OS, RAM, CPU, GPU, and hard drive).  It's possible that your system doesn't meet the minimum specs for running the program.

This discussion has been closed.