Clearing Up An Image

I know I haven't posted any questions in a while but one distinct problem has come up that i really need help with.  While I know this series I'm working on probably won't be shown on a screen much bigger than a cell phone or tablet, I stillI want my final image to look as good and professional as I can get it. With that said, my question is, I need to know what effect I can add to my video that will sharpen the image without bringing out TOO much detail.  I'm not sure if i can use Denoise or Sharpen or if there's anything else in my arsenal.  Thanks in advance for y'all's help!

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

What version of HitFilm are you using?

• Russelltopiagmailcom
    Russelltopiagmailcom Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
  • CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

With Pro you definitely have access to all the tools you'll need...if you need any at all.

First off, sharpness is subjective.  What feels good to you might be too much for someone else.  It might be good to run a few tests on selected shots, then get feedback from several people.

The amount of sharpness needed also highly depends on your content. Some might need more sharpening, others only a little, and some none at all.  Along that line, above you asked for help in sharpening "the image," but didn't give any detail as to the content of "the image."  So what is your content?  People?  Landscapes?  Screens full of text and graphics?  Some mix of all of the above?  Are you able to share a sample of your project so we can see how it looks pre-sharpening?