Audio fade results in distortion

jedibob5
jedibob5 Website User Posts: 2

When I use the audio fade transition in Hitfilm Express, the audio becomes harsh and distorted as it fades. Does anyone know the cause of this and/or how to prevent it?

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,293 Ambassador

@jedibob5 How quickly are you fading?  I remember doing something a while back where a really fast fade (I don't recall the exact timing, but maybe 5-7 frames) sounded distorted, but a slower fade didn't.  If you can make it work, try lengthening the fade time and see if it fixes the problem.

• jedibob5
    jedibob5 Website User Posts: 2
    edited January 2018

@jsbarrett They're fairly quick fades, but I kinda need them to be quick fades. One longer fade in my project seemed to work, so I tried lengthening the others slightly, but it didn't work. At this point I don't think I can lengthen the fades much further without it interfering with the video around it.

I suppose if nothing else I can just separate the audio track and do the fades in Audacity, but I was hoping to find another solution first.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,293 Ambassador

I'm going to tag @CedricBonnier on this.  Curious if this is something that can be improved.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!