Quicktime video clip not working correctly

J.A.A.J.A.A. Website User Posts: 49
Hi,
I am using hitfilm 2 ultimate with imac ,i got special effects fromm FX home - file mov. Name Agressive Fire 1a mov. is not working not alowing me tto drop them on the timline not sur why any help please
thank you

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    Please don't use the same name for every topic you create.  If you name your topics according to their content, you will know which one is which, everyone else will know what they are about and you are more likely to get useful responses.  I've changed this one for you.
    What are the specs for your iMac, and what exactly happens when you try to use the clip in question?
  • J.A.A.J.A.A. Website User Posts: 49
    Hi Axel,
    Thank you for letting me know , i will make sure next time do it right, in regards to my quick time video clips,
    I could import  but  it won't allow me to add to my timeline, when i import  the clips,the file clips shows a red exclamation (!)
    Thanks
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    Can you play the clip in Quicktime, outside of HitFilm?
    What are the specs for your iMac?
    Processor:
    Graphics:
    Memory:
  • J.A.A.J.A.A. Website User Posts: 49
    Yes ,The clips work on my PC with other program , my imac 
    processor-3.2 GHz intel core i5
    Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M1024MB,
    So what I did i open my other program ( GV Edius 6  ) I imprted to my timline and exported  format Mpeg2 then
    i copy the files then I could open that files with hitfilm2,
    But if you find out why i could not open with Quik time Please let me know , and THANK you so much for your help.