Hitfilm Express 2018

DEMA_Films
DEMA_Films Website User Posts: 6

Any idea when the Hitfilm Express 2018 will be out??

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,951 Ambassador

FxHome never comments on new product releases until they happen.

Hf4 E and Hf E 2017 were both released in May. That's the best guess. 

• mhilkemeijer
    mhilkemeijer Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 33 Enthusiast
    edited December 2017

They might just be calling it HitFilm Express without a version, much like with Pro. During the Live Q&A, Josh said that with the newly introduced model, they will be releasing a new version of Express later than usually the case, not in May. I wouldn't wait for it. And Express 2017 is still an incredibly capable piece of software as is.

It also makes sense because one of the most anticipated features in the new version is the Sequence Animation tool (2D animation inside of the Editor), which would need to make its way down to Express. Doing so already in May would probably be a tad soon. But perhaps FXHOME will release another version of Express (or rebrand Express 2017 as Express, possibly with some minor updates) in the meantime.

• alaska_vfx_filmer
    alaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 485 Enthusiast

Hooray! it's out!

• delicsan
    delicsan Website User Posts: 1
    edited May 2018

Hi! I have got a problem I can't install the 2018 software. I tired several times, downloaded the installer, even uninstalled the 2017 version. I get this message (below) every time. Does anybody have an idea? Thank you!

'There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.'

• CedricBonnier
    CedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,192 Staff

@delicsan What version of Windows have you got? Please make sure that you do not have any Windows updates pending, update everything, restart your machine and  try again.

If it still doesn't work, delete the installer from your hard drive and download it again.

And if that still doesn't work then please contact support.

• BlackmoreCrest
    BlackmoreCrest Website User Posts: 3

I'm having the same issue as @delicsan, my PC is up to date and I still get the "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the Setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package Vendor." message. It seems to be happening around the XAudio2 (DirectX) program.

• ShadowEagle05
    ShadowEagle05 Website User Posts: 2

At wich website can i download it? I searched for it but does'ent found the website... (Sorry for my bad english btw, i haven't learned it on school, i'm a Belgian kid)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,951 Ambassador