Plasma Globe Randomness

CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
Hello, i was trying to simulate a plasma globe in hit film when i ran into some issues.  First i took some footage i took of mine and then stabilized it then made it add then put a point in the center.  Then i made an offset point that would move with the center point.  However i am unable to make it random enough.  Basically out of the concept of a plasma globe i want to create a lightning rig so that i can create a random lightning sphere.  How might i make the movement of the outside work better? 
Here are a few characteristics
Wiggles
Moves just a bit
disappears
theirs like an edge glare
(look up plasma globe for more)
Here are a few pictures of the concept.
[attachment=746:Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.51.20 PM.png][attachment=747:Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.52.22 PM.png][attachment=748:Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 4.21.44 PM.png][attachment=749:Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 4.21.45 PM.png]

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador
    I am on a shoot and smartphone, so I will go into detail later. I think your best bet is to set up a couple of composite shots with a lightning filter (no glow) to use as animated texture sources. Point emitter, speed 0,texture aligned to motion.
  • CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    Ok sounds cool!  Point emitter sounds cool too can't wait to se how to do it.
    Also i wish you good luck at your shoot!!! I hope your having fun!