Intel HD Graphics Not Supported

Hi all, sorry for yet another boring 'hitfilm 2 ultimate won't startup', but I can't get it working. I've looked through the forum for advice.
I've installed the software and it starts up, but I can't get past the initial startup page and I get a message 'loading content from hitfilm.com'.
I'm on a pc, i7, 4 Gb ram, running vista.
I found a post that mentioned trashing a file, reloading and restarting. I did the reload and restart, but I can't find the file that I'm supposed to trash...confused.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm bloody excited about using hitfilm 2 for my music videos.

Cheers

Comments

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    If it's the screen I think it is, you'll get the 'Loading content from Hitfilm.com' when it has trouble connecting to the site, however, you should still be able click project links, or 'New project' or 'Open project'. You shouldn't need to wait for the content to load.

• showponyshowpony Website User Posts: 4
    Hi rgbii
    Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work as you suggest.
    While I get the loading message, if I click any of the buttons on the hitfilm window, it shuts down the app. and gives me an error message.
    Any other ideas greatly appreciated. 
    In the meantime, I've got in touch with the hitfilm folks for support.

Kind regards
    Amos
  • AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,453 Staff
    Hi,
    What graphics card do you have installed in your machine?
    Thanks,
    Ady
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    And what error message do you receive when it shuts down?
    Hi,
    What graphics card do you have installed in your machine?
    Thanks,
    Ady

Hi Ady
    Thanks for responding. I've just got a stock standard graphics card that came with my machine and I'm just about to run a DxDiag to see what it is...will repost shortly.
    Amos

And what error message do you receive when it shuts down?

Hi Simon
    The error message I get says "an unexpected error has caused the application to quit..." then it asks me to create a file to send to hitfilm for diagnosis. That computer is connected to the net, so unable to send the file as it tries to connect online.
    I'm talking to the nice folks at hitfilm now and they are very responsive, so I'll post the outcome here. 
    My graphics card could be the problem, but I'll know soon.

Cheers
    Amos

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,453 Staff
    Hi Simon
    The error message I get says "an unexpected error has caused the application to quit..." then it asks me to create a file to send to hitfilm for diagnosis. That computer is connected to the net, so unable to send the file as it tries to connect online.
    I'm talking to the nice folks at hitfilm now and they are very responsive, so I'll post the outcome here. 
    My graphics card could be the problem, but I'll know soon.

Cheers
    Amos

Just to update this thread.
    It would appear from the support system that you were using an Intel HD Graphics chip, the lowest Intel card we support is the Intel HD 3000 so therefore your system was not supported. You were advised to update your system with a dedicated video card.
    Thanks,
    Ady

This discussion has been closed.