Canon T2i files going black in Hitfilm HELP ASAP Please!

Hey guys, I filmed my entry for Rodypolis' Christmas contest just today with a Canon t2i but when I import it into hitfilm it either fails to import or goes black on playback. Please help :(

Comments

• Geani66Geani66 Website User Posts: 15
    Same problem here.
    This software's a mess.
    Half of my imported video files are black,sound hissing ,some are flickering…
    Unusable…
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    Have you converted the footage to a decent editing format, or did you leave it in the format the camera uses?  What are the specs for your computer?  What version of Quicktime do you have installed?
  • xzarbonxxzarbonx Website User Posts: 55
    Have you converted the footage to a decent editing format, or did you leave it in the format the camera uses?  What are the specs for your computer?  What version of Quicktime do you have installed?

I did not convert the footage, I left it in the format the camera uses. My computer has a Radeon HD 6970 video card an intel i7 core, 9216 MB RAM (via DxDiag file). I also haven't updated quicktime in a longtime so that might be the problem. 

• Geani66Geani66 Website User Posts: 15
    Axel
    Prores 422,4444,mp4,all the formats in this world…
    It's not working!
    Tried today and again the same problem…..greyed out files and the audio was waiting for sync…..that was forever….never ended.
    I don't know…..I'll wait for an update and if not,300$ down in the trash can.
    Hate Kickstarter….my second miss…
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    Hi Geani 66, I can imagine how frustrating that is, and I apologize for that.  I'm not sure this calls for an update though, since it seems to be isolated to your machine.  Instead, this is something that is best worked out with support, so we can determine what is going wrong and help you solve it.  
    Can you please try creating a new user account on your Mac, install HitFilm into that account, and see if you see the same issues?
    What are the specs for your machine?  Have you tried deleting and re-installing HitFilm?