Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 With HitFim Integration

Hi,
I just can't seem to get this working. When I am in SMSP12, I right-click Add HitFilm Effect, HitFilm duly opens, but I just get a red box saying "Offline Material", and there is a red "!" in the Project Media window next to the file. The file type is .avi

Having read the forums, the installation order is important, but I've followed that advice, (on the custom install, the option for Sony Movie Studio 12 Integration duly appears, which I have selected. I note the feature takes up 0KB, but presumably it's just too small to register)
I also read it's important to have both as 64 bit versions
HitFilm 2 Express version 2.0.2217.43344 (64-bit)
Sony Movie Studio Platinum Version 12.0 (build 1184) 64-bit
O/S is Win8.1 Pro
Very keen to get this working

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    An offline message indicates the issue has to do with the specific footage being used, not with any installation issues.  For some reason HitFilm isn't finding the source clip where it ought to be.  Is it possible that the footage is referenced footage, or proxy footage of some sort?
  • HitFilmer98946HitFilmer98946 Website User Posts: 2

Ah, ok, well good to know. Narrows down the issues.
    did some research. The clip is actually a Motion JPeg, so perhaps this is a type of .avi file HitFilm doesn't understand? Turns out it doesn't work if we import it as media directly into HitFilm either.
    Since we are doing stop motion, I guess the solution is to import as an image sequence into HitFilm first, save, load it into Sony MSP12, and then continue as planned?

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    I know Vegas doesn't let you send still images to HitFilm via the integration, so its possible this would apply to motion JPEG format as well.  So yeah, I would build your stop motion into another video format first, so it can be sent to HitFilm.