lordquednau
lordquednau Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in HitFilm

My pc specs

• GPU: Gtx 1070
  • CPU:  I5 6600k (stock speed)
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Windows 10 64bit

When i try to render a video in 1080p using the YouTube 1080p prestet the expoted video is laggy.

Example laggy: 

Original: 

I would love to use Hitfilm more but with these exports i can't

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,332 Ambassador
    edited August 2017

@lordquednau That's not lag. Lag is something that happens in real time when playing back your media/edit within HitFilm.  What you're seeing is the result of something in the export process that's duplicating some frames and skipping others.

What are your project settings?  What are the specs of the media you have in your edit timeline?

• @jsbarrett

Project settings 1920x1080 24fps

Media specs 1920x1080 24fps

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,574 Ambassador

How about which export settings you're using?

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,332 Ambassador

@lordquednau I just downloaded both clips you posted above, and the original is not at 24fps.  It's 29.97fps.  Oddly enough when I step through the original in QuickTime Player, I still see held frames, but the playback is smooth at full speed.  At any rate, I'm guessing the combination of held frames in the original footage plus the rate difference between the original and your project is accounting for the stutter you see in your export.  Perhaps @Triem23 could shed some more detailed light on the issue.

• Aladdin4d
    Aladdin4d Posts: 2,481 Enthusiast

Can you provide a complete MediaInfo report on the actual source clip?

Both YouTube clips have a frame rate of 29.97 fps instead of the 24 fps of your project settings and you say your media is 24 fps as well. If your source clip really has a frame rate of 29.97 fps and your using it in a 24 fps project that gets exported @29.97 fps then you're likely dropping frames then immediately duplicating different frames.

The other possibility is your source media has a target frame rate of 24 fps but it has a variable frame rate that's tripping up HitFilm.

This discussion has been closed.