Dual monitor use

THX1139THX1139 Website User Posts: 545

I've heard from at least one person that it's possible to use two monitors with Hitfilm Express and certainly I can float the preview window and drag it to the second monitor but if I try to maximise it, it maximises on the first monitor (i.e. on top of the main window, blocking it from view). Does that happen for anyone else?

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Works fine for me. Just be careful where it is when you maximise it. I think that might be Windows trying to be "helpful". 

I have my setup with the upper monitor as my main one and the lower as the extended workspace, so Hitfilm goes on the bottom and the viewer floats in the top.

• THX1139THX1139 Website User Posts: 545

Yes it's working fine for me as well, now. I restarted the computer which may have fixed it or maybe it will come back again really soon.

Incidentally, is it possible to have the Viewer window and the Media/Controls/Effects/History etc tabs on a second monitor without having to carefully resize them each time I open Hitfilm Express?

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Yes, go to the Workspaces Tab - the little 3x3 grid on the top row - and select 'Create' and save your new layout.

This discussion has been closed.