Frames

Bry_man
Bry_man Website User Posts: 78 Just Starting Out*

ok, sorry for yes another question...

it doesn't matter how i save the footage it saves it with the bars down the side so if i import into premiere elements for example, it doesn't fit with the rest of the footage....

i have to admit the footage i use is avhcd and havent installed the upgrade, but even when changing the the footage to mp4 or something but it still happens....

please help

Comments

• Film_Empire
    Film_Empire Website User Posts: 179 Just Starting Out*

What's the aspect ratio of your footage? 16:9 or 4:3?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,798 Ambassador

What camera did you shoot with? I'm wondering if you have HDV video that's actually 1440x1080...

• Bry_man

yes thats correct, when ever i export etc the files details say that size but when i bring it back to premiere elements the bars appear...

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,798 Ambassador

Look in your export settings for "Aspect Ratio" and change it from 1.0 to 1.33. This will fix your problem. 

Or, in Premiere set X scale to 133%

HDV cameras shoot 1440x1080 video to be displayed at 1920x1080. This means the pixels are horizontally stretched. To fill the frame and 1440 time 1.333 is... 1920!

• Bry_man

great thanks ill try this, and write it down so i dont forget lol

• Bry_man

i cant find any of these option in hitfilm, for aspect ratio....none of the presets match mine, and i cant see anything to change 1.00 to 1.33

so if i look at exporting, from PE, if i export a picture to edit in hitfilm, ie green screen on it, there are no options again for the scale to be changed???

:(

personnaly i just wana work in hitfilm, but its this size thing, plus i need the upgrade pack to i can use my ahcht (cant remember the letters) file.. with sound which is always missing :(

• Triem23

Sorry, should have specified you'll probably have to make a new export present for mp4. The aspect ratio is there near the dimensions settings. Away from PC right now so I can't look at the exact box. 

Try this video. Open its description on YouTube and use the timecodes to skip to 31:05. You might have to skip back to 16:50 or so for some explanation. 

• Bry_man

ahh cool ty...

i really do appreciate your help :)

This discussion has been closed.