Help me please

Hi everybody,

I hitfilm express 2017 with Boris FX, I would like to recreate this tutorial: https://borisfx.com/videos/mastering-materials-in-sony-vegas-pro-10/

But in this tutorial is about Sony Vegas Pro 10. I do not know at all how to reproduce it on Hitfilm. I do not speak English, so I activated the translation in my mother tongue the result is far from perfect. But with the free version of hitfilm is it really possible to have the same result

I have another question is it possible to have hiragana recognized on Hifilm

Thank you for your answers.

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

Express does not come with the Boris FX effect so I assume purchased the Borix expansion pack.

The Vegas tutorial is with an older version of Boris but very little has changed in the Boris effects. Excluding Titler Studio which is all new.

So the effect controls shown in the Vegas tutorial are all there in the Hitfilm version of the effect. It looks a little different since Hitfilm is Hitfilm and not Vegas. Of course, how you add effects, like Boris, to a timeline event/clip is different than Vegas. Once you are in Boris, then Boris is still Boris and operates the same.

Hitfilm does have some additional controls Boris does not since it is a compositor. Things controlling the lights and cameras. The Vegas tutorial will not cover those.

• LeSnake59LeSnake59 Website User Posts: 5

I thank you Norman PCN for taking the time to answer me.

Yes I bought the addons borisFX 3D Objects. I can not reproduce the same effect as the video demonstrates. Either there is no effect available or I am null.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

@CedricBonnier LeSnake59 asks if Hitfilm can reproduce hiragana. Hiragana is a Japanese phonetic script and occupies Unicode blocks U+3040–U+309F: I seem to remember Hitfilm only supporting the first 128 or 256 characters, but that might have been in an earlier version of the software.

@LeSnake59 what parts of the Vegas tutorial are you having trouble with? I've watched the entire thing and am able to assign textures, bevels and materials both in Vegas and in Hitfilm. If following the tutorial NormanPCN linked, make certain you are using BCC Extruded Text, not BCC Title Studio.

Thank you Triem23 for taking the time to answer me.

I can not get it from 11: 00 minutes when it interferes with the video.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

Ok - To use a video layer as a texture in Boris Extruded Text, add the BCC Extruded Text filter to the video layer directly. Then you can select "Source Layer" for the front texture and it will work.

(In the Vegas Tutorial, John Rofrano created an "Empty Event," which is something Hitfilm doesn't have, then basically replaced the empty event with a video layer. I can see where that would confuse you).

Thank you for your help, I could finally have the same result.

Good! Glad to help. :-) 

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

HitFilm was never limited to ASCII characters. It supports any 1 or 2-byte characters. I haven't checked properly but it looks like Hiraganas are 3-byte characters so won't work in HitFilm (yet).