Text blurry

Hello, recently I've been using HitfilmExpress, and I realised that whenever I add the text, the text will be very blurry, may I ask, how do I fix that? Any help are appreciated 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,219 Ambassador

Text in Hitfilm is rasterized and antialiased  on creation. Create your text extra large, then scale it down for additional sharpness. 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Depends what is meant by 'blurry'. Soft around the edges or pixelated?

@Triem23 's suggestion needs you to make the text large in a separate composite shot, then drag that composite into your main composite and scale it down to get the benefit of the anti-aliasing.

If you make large text, then scale it down, it just looks the same as if it was drawn at the original smaller size.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,219 Ambassador

@Palacono well, one can create text larger than the current comp with the numeric fields in the make new text layer dialog. 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

@Triem23 you can do what you like as long as it's in a different comp, but if you do it all in one comp the text is redrawn at the scale you set for its layer. So making it big in the Text Editor, then scaling down; or making it small in the Text Editor and scaling up, produces identical results.

• Jake1222Jake1222 Website User Posts: 1
    edited May 2018