Text??

san_2k6san_2k6 Website User Posts: 15

Hi All,

I would like my footage to play and a title to pop up for a few seconds on the film and then disappear e.g "Bithday party" I have done this on other movie editors but on Hitfilm it seems rather long winded if I have understood that I need to make a composite shot...

Is there an easier and quicker way than doing a composite shot?

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Not really, though you can speed up the process just slightly by pre-building the composite shot and saving that comp as a template.  Maybe make several template comps with text in different positions for different situations.

Also, once you've got one text comp built/imported, you can duplicate the comp -- from the Media tab, not the timeline -- and modify the properties of the duplicate, which will also save time.  Just be sure to also rename the duplicate to avoid confusion.

• san_2k6san_2k6 Website User Posts: 15
    edited June 2017

How do I save it as a template please? Are there any tutorial videos?

• san_2k6san_2k6 Website User Posts: 15

Also how do I turn on notifications for this post?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Right-click on the comp in the Media panel.  Choose "Save As..."  Easy breezy!

Notification settings are in your forum profile, under Preferences.

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

"How do I save it as a template please? Are there any tutorial videos?"

Go to the index for saving composite shots in the description or better yet watch the whole thing (..and maybe some others in the series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMGpxHBKq9E

• BobDiMarzioBobDiMarzio Website User Posts: 632 Just Starting Out

Also, if you wish to be notified when there are new additions to this post.  Go up to the title of the post and you will notice a star directly to the right of the title. Click on the start it will turn gold and you will receive an email notification whenever a new addition  to this post is added. 

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,295 Ambassador

Here is how to quickly do text in Hitfilm (45 second video)...

Here is how to quickly import and export composite shots (3:46 minute video)...

I hopes this helps!