Simple Text Questions

scott37040
scott37040 Website User Posts: 4

How do I insert written questions? I videotaped eight different people being interviewed. Each was asked the same five questions. My client wants each of the five questions to appear in silence prior to the interviewee speaking.
1. How do I construct the question? (Composite Shot?)
2. How do I get the composite shot onto the Editor Timeline?
3. How do I give time to this still image? (four seconds)
4.  How do I copy the question so I can use it for the next person?
If someone has a link to a good tutorial please share! Thanks. 

Comments

• scott37040
    scott37040 Website User Posts: 4

PS. I'm a volunteer. My client is simply the person who asked me to do this.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,043 Enthusiast

1) Yes, the native text in Hitfilm must be created in a composite shot. The background can be transparent if you want to overlay the text over video.

2) Just drag it (the composite) from the media panel to NLE timeline like any other media. Or drag it into another composite. Composites are effectively video media like your camera video.

3) Many answers here depending on what you are trying to do. For media on the NLE timeline just size it to the length you want. Same for a composite timeline but often here you want the still media to last the duration of a composite so your composite is probably already sized to the time length you want.

4) If the text/composite is the same, just drag the composite from the media panel to the NLE timeline in the new location desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oi8Kkn_qZ4

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Website User Posts: 995 Enthusiast
    edited June 2017

How to add Text, give it a time length, and drag it onto timeline? I can help you with that part.

Go to 5:45

This discussion has been closed.