Zoom Transition

MattachuMattachu Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi I have been looking all over for tutorials on a smooth zoom transition on hitfilm and have had no luck. Can anyone figure out how to replicate the effect like in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY0_lMq_2Zg

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Funny you should mention that.  One of my upcoming tutorial videos is a adaptation of this technique.  Someone else in the HitFilm community (my apologies for not remembering who) has also made their own and posted it, but I'm still going to do mine because my approach is slightly different.  I won't be able to start working on it until early next week, but if all goes well it should be done in a week or so.

If anyone else can remember who made the other video, please share it!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

Mattachu, @jsbarrett Shiny Films did one. 

And Hitfilm Sensei 

And ItzZinko

FYI my own Hitfilm University channel not only has my tutorials, but a growing series of playlists of Hitfilm tutorials from other channels. If one is looking for something I've not covered Hit-U is a great starting point to search other channel's Hitfilm tutorials 

www.youtube.com/hitfilmuniversity 

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Thanks, @Triem23!  I forgot there was more than one.

Here's my contribution to the collection.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

@jsbarrett Nice tutorial!  To the point and effective.