Composite Shot Duplication

Hey all,

I looked up a few posts but cant seem to find what i need.  I am doing a review video for a game.  I have 33 powers I am reviewing.  I have 33 images for each power.  When i start to talk about it i want the image to slide in and spin and stop.  I know how to do that what I want is to copy this so that all images stay in same position move and spin at same time. 

Is there a way for me to copy this and then use a new image?  Feels like a lot of work to duplicate this 33 times when only thing that is changing is the image I am using.  Any help would be appreciated!

That_Eriksson

Comments

• CowboyBobCowboyBob Website User Posts: 105

not certain what you are actually asking for; but, I think you can accomplish this by putting a placeholder plane into a composite shot. Then create a new composite shot with the image placeholder composite as a layer (embedded composite) and do your animation on the embedded composite.

Then you can duplicate the image composite 32 times, renaming them from 1-33, Then duplicate the animation composite 32 times and change the embedded composite in each one to one of the 33. Place an image in each of the image placeholder composites and your good to go!

• that_erikssonthat_eriksson Website User Posts: 7
    edited June 2017

Thanks CowboyBob.

Ok so i will say "ok this is ability A (slide in my image A) and it does blah blah blah  
    Next up we have AbilityB (Slide in image  B ) and it does blah blah blah."  etc etc for all 33 abilities

I just want to make sure they come in the same each time... I have not tried embedded composites before I will look up some videos.

I can duplicate my composite pretty easy but cant seem to just change the image used in the duplicate to a new one.  When i do properties the image path is greyed out i cant change it :(

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

I don't see any benefit to using embedded comps.  You're left with 66 composites in your media list, which IMO is too much clutter.  A simpler way would be to start with one comp, with a point layer and your first image.  Set the point as the parent for your image, then zero out the position (and possibly scale, if you used that) property values on the image so that it sits directly on the point layer.  Do all the animation on the point layer.  

Once you're happy, duplicate that comp.  In the duplicate, remove Image 1 and add Image 2.  Set its parent to be the point, and zero things out as you did before.  It should end up looking exactly like the first comp, but with the second image, and should only take a few seconds to set up.  Repeat for all the other images.  In the end, you'll only have 33 comps, one for each image.

• CowboyBobCowboyBob Website User Posts: 105

@jsbarret 's method should work as well. I think the embedded comp method makes reuse easier. Just through your images one by one in the image comps. No parenting or other manipulation needed. Both should work fine.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help now to convert the terms into action!  Hitfilm 4 noob for some of the terms here.

Jsbarrett thanks so much since what I wanted to do was so simple this worked the best for me.  CowboyBob thank you very much as well!

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Happy to help!