Audio cutting off at the end of the video

Tjafe
Tjafe Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Hey guys I have a small problem.

When I am done editing my video and after I exported it, I play the file and a tiny bit of audio is cut off by the end - this is most unfortunate as I am making YouTube videos, and the audio cuts off in the middle of my "see you next time" line. In the Hitfilm editor, there is nothing wrong with the audio, it is only after I have exported it.

Help?

I am using Hitfilm Express 2017

Comments

• Tjafe
    Tjafe Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Hey guys I have a small problem.

When I am done editing my video and after I exported it, I play the file and a tiny bit of audio is cut off by the end - this is most unfortunate as I am making YouTube videos, and the audio cuts off in the middle of my "see you next time" line. In the Hitfilm editor, there is nothing wrong with the audio, it is only after I have exported it.

Help?

I am using Hitfilm Express 2017

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,337 Ambassador
    edited June 2017

Make sure that you're telling HitFilm to export the desired time span from the editor.  If you click the top of the two export buttons on the editor tab, it should export the full contents.  If you click the bottom one, it only exports the footage between the marked in and out points.  You can manually control those in and out points in a few ways:

1. Manually drag the extents of the light grey highlighted area (hover your mouse over those ends in the time bar in the editor and you should see the cursor change to a left-right arrow shape.)
    2. Press I to set the in point, or O to set the out point, wherever the current time marker sits.
    3. Force those in and out points to match your full content by pressing P.

• I am having the same problem. It occurs whether I export from the In and Out points or export the entire contents. I tried only exporting the last few seconds of my video (by changing the In point), and all of the audio is there, but as soon as I return the In point to its original position, the sound cuts out again. The only solution I can find is to take a still of the last frame and let it run for a few seconds at the end of the video so there is no sound needed.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,337 Ambassador

@MathGirl1618 What is the source of the video footage you're editing, and are you transcoding it before editing? Depending on the source, it may be encoded with a variable frame rate (VFR), which can cause problems for HitFilm.  Transcoding switches it to a constant frame rate. I t's my guess that you have VFR footage, and HitFilm is not decoding it properly.

If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important, and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

This discussion has been closed.