B3NB4IL's Experiments

B3NB4ILB3NB4IL Website User Posts: 74
edited November 2013 in Practical Filmmaking
Hello all! 
Now that I've got HitFilm Ultimate (Mac) I can finally start playing around with VFX, the last time I touched VFX in terms of creating an effect from scratch was somewhere in 2010. Since then I've just been using plug-ins for Final Cut Pro X (Which isn't that bad an editor!)
I used to spend hours using Effects Lab Pro/Composite Lab Pro/Vision Lab Studio just creating effects, but never had the proper time to create a short film, nor did I feel good enough showing test creations. Now though, I've been out of college for two years, in a full time job, but I have the time to work on projects now, and I've decided to start getting back into short film creation, Something I love.
So to those who already know me, hello!
To those who don't, hello!
________
This is my first VFX test I've done in HitFilm so far. I wanted to create an energy ball using Axel's tutorial in preparation for a short VFX test I should be shooting in a few weeks. However I wanted to give the ball more life by adding some form of embers, sadly I couldn't figure out why the mobile emitters are still visible...but baby steps!
(I thrive on criticism, so be the harshest you can be ;) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRkfOIApJf8

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    edited November 2013
    Welcome back, B3N!
    Mobile emitters particles have their own appearance properties, so if you don't want the mobile emitters to be visible just adjust those as required - eg by lowering their opacity.
  • B3NB4ILB3NB4IL Website User Posts: 74
    I did think that was the reason...the day after I exported and uploaded, but was never sure. Many thanks.
    Looks like I'll be doing another tutorial marathon soon!