Massive lag with Hitfilm Standard

A while ago I had massive lag issues with Hitiflm and you guys told me I needed to upgrade my GPU. I did and it worked great... for a while. Now I'm back and barely able to edit at all without the program freezing up, lagging, and going not responding. I'm thinking I need a PSU now, but want to know if there is a work around?
I'm editing footage directly from my GH2. I've been unable for over a hear to convert my footage to something more... "editable" so I have to use raw. 
I have a Win 7 64 bit. 

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,517 Staff
    A while ago I had massive lag issues with Hitiflm and you guys told me I needed to upgrade my GPU. I did and it worked great... for a while. Now I'm back and barely able to edit at all without the program freezing up, lagging, and going not responding. I'm thinking I need a PSU now, but want to know if there is a work around?
    I'm editing footage directly from my GH2. I've been unable for over a hear to convert my footage to something more... "editable" so I have to use raw. 
    I have a Win 7 64 bit. 

Hi Craig,
    Could you list your system specifications below please?
    CPU:
    GPU:
    MEMORY:
    It's possibly not your PSU, but maybe the footage you are using. What converters have you tried?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• CPU: Intel i5 650
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
    MEMORY: 8GB
    I've tried so many converters, they either fail, mess up the audio, or have horrible quality. It's impossible to convert raw GH2 footage. :/
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    edited November 2013
    Are you sure the GH2 is recording video in raw?  I don't think that it can, and the info I find online is indicating an AVCHD format, using .MTS files.  Are you trying AVCHD or .MTS converters specifically?
    AVCHD isn't designed or intended for editing, and Panasonic's flavor in particular is quite likely to be the cause of the slowdown you are experiencing.
  • By RAW I meant "straight from the camera" footage. Yes, I have tried some. I'm going to try more later. 
    Today HitFilm is working beautifully, which is strange.