Abidal - VFX & Movie Work

Here I'll post some of my work that I've done using Hitfilm.. So, any critique and comment will be welcome.
----
Yesterday I wanted to test my new camera "
NEXFS700UK".
Here is my first post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctuc3483fo
Regards

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    The area you filmed was very cool with the bridge and rocks etc. but it looked a little washed out to me. Did you use a filter on the camera or a grade in post production?
    Loved the music!
    At 1:57- I think I would have had the neck strap on if the camera is being held over water. Or was he further back and it just looked like he was over the water?
    Nice camera moves also. :) Are you using a dolly or track system?
  • MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Hmm more cow bell
  • ESPicturesESPictures Website User Posts: 533 Just Starting Out
    The pan at 1:02 felt a little too fast for me, especially for such a long pan.  And all of the other pans were much slower.  Maybe, build up a rhythm with still shots and long, slow camera movements at the beginning and have progressively faster and shorter camera movements towards the end.
  • AbidalASarrajAbidalASarraj Website User Posts: 63
    The area you filmed was very cool with the bridge and rocks etc. but it looked a little washed out to me. Did you use a filter on the camera or a grade in post production?
    Loved the music!
    At 1:57- I think I would have had the neck strap on if the camera is being held over water. Or was he further back and it just looked like he was over the water?
    Nice camera moves also. :) Are you using a dolly or track system?

Thanks for your kind words, I used the new filter "Cine Style" and I intentionally raised the brightness.
    About the strap :: I wish if they listen, they dropped 4 camera so far in the water this past year and yes he was over the water.. crazy ha and that camera was expensive "Canon EOS-1D X" we use it for photography only.
    I just get the my new "Cine Slider" from "Kessler" and this my first test with it. 

edited November 2013
    Hmm more cow bell

I do not understand are you commenting about the music.

The pan at 1:02 felt a little too fast for me, especially for such a long pan.  And all of the other pans were much slower.  Maybe, build up a rhythm with still shots and long, slow camera movements at the beginning and have progressively faster and shorter camera movements towards the end.

You are current that is too fast :) I got to understand Hitfilm better for the speed controls.
    Also, I was testing the equipment and the location for our return for the full shoot in the next day I did not give it much of concentration, this shoot was to take notes and to study the scenes for the actual shoot.. That I'll share after we finish with it.
    Second, I'm not a camera man I'm a director and apparently I need lessons in how to hold the camera :) I feel bad about that how is that I'm a director I don't know how to hold and control a camera but, maybe later I can take one of my employee and ask him to teach me specially that I've great ones.

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

The cowbell comment was not related to your music... its a joke from Saturday Night Live(when it was good).
    Its just a calling for something random. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRyE5mqv5wk

I do not understand are you commenting about the music.

You are current that is too fast :) I got to understand Hitfilm better for the speed controls.
    Also, I was testing the equipment and the location for our return for the full shoot in the next day I did not give it much of concentration, this shoot was to take notes and to study the scenes for the actual shoot.. That I'll share after we finish with it.
    Second, I'm not a camera man I'm a director and apparently I need lessons in how to hold the camera :) I feel bad about that how is that I'm a director I don't know how to hold and control a camera but, maybe later I can take one of my employee and ask him to teach me specially that I've great ones.

Oh, MJ  :D now I get it, that was funny
    Thanks
    edited December 2013
    I've been quiet for a while working hard for the past few weeks finishing some excited projects I'll share with you all later.
    Here is a frame from a short movie without all the assets in the hall created in Blender (Cycles Render Engine)
    11613043974_60b8ae7004_b.jpg
    Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,245 Ambassador
    Just to clarify, is that a shot of an actual room before digital elements, or is that a room rendered in Blender that will have other elements? Either way, it's a pretty shot.
    Just to clarify, is that a shot of an actual room before digital elements, or is that a room rendered in Blender that will have other elements? Either way, it's a pretty shot.

Thank you Triem23,
    I created this in Blender, Rendered with Cycles.

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,823 Ambassador
    Awesome render. :)
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,245 Ambassador
    Very nice. Take my asking if that was real as a comment on thequality of that render.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Awesome job on the room!
    Happy New Year!

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,055 Staff
    Wow - that rendered room is brilliant! If only my flat looked like that :P
    I can't quite get my head around the mirror and its reflection - I can't work out what it would be showing to tell you whether or not you've got the angle right. However, it didn't jump out at me as being incorrect, so I guess it's right :)
    Really, kudos - I'm always in so much awe of those who can use Blender, as it isn't the easiest program to get your head around. 
    edited January 2014
    Awesome render. :)

Awesome job on the room!
    Happy New Year!

Thanks guys for kind words, Happy New Year to you too!

Wow - that rendered room is brilliant! If only my flat looked like that :P
    I can't quite get my head around the mirror and its reflection - I can't work out what it would be showing to tell you whether or not you've got the angle right. However, it didn't jump out at me as being incorrect, so I guess it's right :)
    Really, kudos - I'm always in so much awe of those who can use Blender, as it isn't the easiest program to get your head around. 

Thank you, the mirror reflection is accurate that's why I positioned it there.
    I guess the flare angle is high a little bit that's nice you noticed it.
    I'm not sure I agree with you that Blender hard or not easy to learn I use Maya, Silo and Blender was the the easiest 3D application I ever used and the fastest way to get great and amazing result.
    ________
    Here is a quick scene I created in Blender 2.69 (Cycles Render Engine) it took me 3 hours to finish it with render time.
    11860984315_19a022a0e2_b.jpg
    High Res HERE

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,823 Ambassador
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    I am so impressed by those renders from Blender... you have fantastic details and lighting going on!
    Mr. Sarraj- you are THE MAN! I definately have to look into how to create such realistic scenes. Fantastic work!
    Just out of curiosity, are pictures used for texturing?  
    Wow! Awesome. :)

I am so impressed by those renders from Blender... you have fantastic details and lighting going on!

Thanks guys!

Mr. Sarraj- you are THE MAN! I definately have to look into how to create such realistic scenes. Fantastic work!
    Just out of curiosity, are pictures used for texturing?  

You're kind, it's easy to do so, with a little details you get great and realistic results.
    The only picture in the scene is the environment map (HDRI), hope that's help!

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    edited January 2014

Nice!

Thank you
    You can find a high resolution Here

Another "WOW" from Abidal!
    I assume you're main interest in in architecture? You really do great environmental work!
    I have to stop looking at this thread........my jaw keeps hitting the floor!-----kinda like this>  !
    I agree with Triem23- another "WOW"!!!
    So are you integrating live action with these shots eventually?
    Another "WOW" from Abidal!
    I assume you're main interest in in architecture? You really do great environmental work!

Thank you, I'm not sure why but all my currant project are architectural :)

I have to stop looking at this thread........my jaw keeps hitting the floor!-----kinda like this>  !
    I agree with Triem23- another "WOW"!!!
    So are you integrating live action with these shots eventually?

Lol thanks man, these are renders of an ad for a hotel ad I'm making, I'll post it here after it finish from the render farm.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    You need to find and arrest the guy who keeps taking the hotel's mirrors off the wall.
    edited January 2014
    You need to find and arrest the guy who keeps taking the hotel's mirrors off the wall.

Ya, He need's to be banned from the set :)
    _________
    Here is a new video composed (Stabilized, Color Graded and Edited in Hitfilm)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJQ3GspU_E

Nice footage--is that the FS700?
    You said stabilized. Some of the shots look like they could have been handheld, but I'm guessing slider dolly? Shat did you use to move the camera on your time lapse shots?
    Now--as always, art is subjective--but for me the music is a little "big" for the footage. Some of those cymbal rolls and strings swells are just too epic for landscape footage, but, again, that's my personal taste.