[RESOLVED] Problems with changing activation on two computers

wlevackwlevack Website User Posts: 4
edited May 2017 in HitFilm

Hi,

I activated HitFilm Express 2017 on a personal laptop at home; now I'm trying to transfer my activated license to my work computer.  I've installed HitFilm Express 2017 in my work computer (UOWPC337),  deactivated the personal laptop version of the software, activated the license on my work computer, but when I try to export videos it is still showing up as 'demo mode'.  Here's a screen shot from my work computer (UOWPC337), showing the 'demo mode' screen while at the same time showing that the license is supposed to already be activated on that computer.  I've tried the old 'turn it off and on again' trick, but no luck.  I've tried going through the activation process a few times, but no luck.  The license shows up as activated for my work computer on my HitFilm Express account, but I can't get it out of demo mode, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Advice?

Comments

• wlevackwlevack Website User Posts: 4

By the way... the 'Activate Now' button doesn't do anything for me.  It just pauses for a bit, then displays the 'Register' pop-up again.

One day later - still no solution. Do a need to delete my account and start again??

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,219 Ambassador

Hold tight. Staff is probably on a bank holiday weekend today. 

In the meantime, click Menu on this page, select Account and scroll down to Activations. Make certain you've deactivated Hitfilm. 

On the computer you want activated, go into File>Options>Activations and try reactivating. It should just ask for an email, but the Activation page on the website will show your serial. 

Hopefully that does it. If not you might need to contact support directly. 

Hi - I appreciate the response!  I've managed to fix the problem.  My account was showing my work computer as the 'Activated' computer for HitFilm 4, but I deactivated it again anyway and turned the computer off.  My personal (home) computer was still running HitFilm 4 in the background and I hadn't thought it would have mattered.  (I hadn't turned that computer off for the last two days.) So I stopped HitFilm 4 on the personal computer, turned that computer off, rebooted my work computer, then tried to activate it for HitFilm 4 again - then rebooted everything again. Then it worked. Not sure which parts of this were important, but put it all here in case it helps someone else.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,219 Ambassador

Cool! Glad you're up and running! 

This discussion has been closed.