Clever Tagline: Inky Marauder's Map-style footprints (May 2022)

18910111214»

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,113 Expert

I just have to say it again... That footprint effect looks so, so good! No need to apologize, however. It's not like you are getting paid to make that tutorial. 😀 No worries! We are patient people around here... take as long as you need!

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,327 Ambassador

I found myself singing a certain song while capturing video of the plethora of pies that were made for our Thanksgiving festivities (and there's still at least one pie to be made!), so I went a step farther and made this little ditty.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,171 Expert

That's a lotta pies! Here I felt I overdid it with 2 pecan, 2 pumpkin a pumpkin cheescake and a pumpkin roll. BTW, that one pecan in your video looks perfect!

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,744 Ambassador

@CleverTagline Yum! That gave me a chuckle.

And no - there is never enough pie!

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 639 Enthusiast

Great graphics on Em-PIE-r. :-)

When everyone left, I had 4 pies left. Could not convince anyone to take them home! Oh well, I guess I will have to force myself to eat them.

• CleverTagline

We all thought that we knew how the pie story would end, but there was a plot twist (a.k.a. an accident) during cooking yesterday. A dish exploded, sending glass shards onto six of the pies, ruining them (the others had been moved to a different table across the room). They were some of the nicest-looking pies, too, including the pecan pie that Terry so kindly praised. On the plus side, two chocolate pies hadn't yet been made, and rumor has it that a replacement pecan pie is in the works (Return of the Jed-pie?).

Oh well, I guess I will have to force myself to eat them.

"Force" yourself...is that a sneaky Star Wars reference? 😉

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,171 Expert
    edited November 2021

Oh, no! Sorry for your losses. I had a similar incident one year for some dinner. I set a glass baking dish down on a burner that was cold but in amongst the cooking and reach I must have bumped the knob and it was on ever so slightly but enough that by the time I realized something was getting hot and reached for it...Boom! Everything in the near vicinity was trashed because broken glass...you cannot take chances.

• CleverTagline

I had a similar incident one year for some dinner. I set a glass baking dish down on a burner that was cold put in amongst the cooking and reach I must have bumped the knob and it was on ever so slightly but enough that my the time I realized something was getting hot and reached for it...Boom!

@tddavis That's an almost word-for-word description of what happened here. My wife was the one involved, and thankfully she only ended up with a small shard of glass embedded in her pinky. We were all extra thankful yesterday that it wasn't worse!

• CleverTagline
    edited December 2021

If memory serves me correctly, I found the text of this in the early days of the Internet, and I've been hanging onto it ever since. Many years ago I vowed to voice the piece, and it's taken me this long to finally get it done, but it's done! Yeah, I could've done more with sound effects and such, and no, my accent isn't the best. But I had fun making it, and I hope that you have fun listening to it. Merry Christmas!

Edit: Having won numerous spelling bees as a child, I'm more than a little miffed that my misspelling of "government" in the title slide of this piece didn't stick out like a sore thumb until several hours *after* I'd uploaded it. 🙄

• FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Posts: 497 Enthusiast

@CleverTagline Yep you got a gut busting laugh out of me with this. Love it!

• Stargazer54

Nicely done! Your accent was spot on (by this Yankee's ageement).

• CleverTagline

At long last, it's coming together...

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,527 Ambassador
  • CleverTagline

It only took 30 minutes to record the demo.

It took three months to edit it.

That's why this is likely my last HitFilm tutorial for the foreseeable future. The way that life is going right now, I just don't have the time (not even time to play, let alone time to document the results of my play).

Anyway, enough blather. Bring on the feet!

• CleverTagline

I just realized that it's been almost exactly five years since I started this thread. Crazy!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,527 Ambassador

Yay! It's done!

Boo! Last tutorial!

It's all good, man. We understand.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,294 Ambassador

Looks great, I know what you mean about time. Where does it go. I set myself a goal of doing something VFX or digital art related each month. So far I think I'm on target, but this month is going to be tricky.

Hope life isn't treating you too harshly.

• Stargazer54

Awesome. Thanks, Justin!

• Gelqone
    Gelqone PolandPosts: 141 Enthusiast